Tel: 08 6298 1888
Karara undertakes all mining operations and related activities aligned with the AS/NZS ISO14001:2004 Environmental Management System standard. Our aim is to achieve continual environmental improvement through the implementation of a management system with measurable objectives and targets.
In fulfilling this policy Karara will:
- Ensure that environmental aspects, risk and management actions are integrated into business planning and decision making processes;
- Communicate openly with all stakeholders on all environmental matters;
- Prevent or minimise adverse environmental impacts and progressively rehabilitate areas impacted by Karara mining operations and activities;
- Encourage and support research programs to allow a greater understanding of the local environment; and
- Set, monitor and review environmental objectives and targets.
Karara strives to better manage environmental risks and exceed stakeholder expectations in all areas of environmental performance including:
- The use of best practice technology and innovation;
- Pollution prevention and energy efficiency;
- The enhancement of regional biodiversity; and
- Compliance with applicable legal requirements and obligations.
A copy of our Environmental Policy can be found here.