Tel: 08 6298 1888
Export Terminal at Geraldton
The Karara Export Terminal at Geraldton is capable of handling up to 16Mtpa of magnetite concentrate or hematite DSO exports from a dedicated berth with associated rail and unloading infrastructure. The terminal consists of:
- A dedicated 4th railway line inside the Port;
- A twin-car rotary dumper (or train unloader);
- A storage facility with a capacity of 255,000t which houses stockpiles of magnetite concentrate and hematite DSO delivered to port;
- A dedicated Berth 7 which can accommodate Panamax vessels (loaded to approximately 60,000t); and
- A 5,000tph ship-loader, with a long-travel, luffing and slewing mechanism.